Known as the land of opportunity, the United States of America is one of the most popular choices for people looking to migrate to a different country. The US is said to be home to around 200 different nationalities from across the world. America was founded on the idea that anybody who has set forth their mind to achieve something, can achieve it. If you are checking out places to relocate to, here is why you should migrate to the US.
USA Immigration consultants – Dubai | Sharjah | UAE
Advantages of Immigrating to the US
- Advanced Healthcare
- Best Education
- Economic Strength
- Career Opportunities
- Vast expanse of land
- Travel Opportunities
The US Citizenship and Immigration Services is responsible for the processing of immigration, naturalization applications, and establishing policies regarding immigration services. To apply for an immigrant visa to the US, the applicant (a foreign national) needs to be sponsored by a US citizen or a lawful permanent resident immediate relative(s), or prospective a U.S. employer, and also have an approved petition before applying for an immigrant visa. The process begins when the sponsor files a petition on behalf of the applicant with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services. There are a lot of immigrant visas one can apply for if they wish to migrate to the US depending on the purpose of travel.
Immigrant visas to the US
- Family-based Immigration – for the immediate family and family preference. A US Citizen or US Lawful Permanent Resident who is at least 21 years of age can sponsor their immediate family or family preference.
- Fiance(e) Visa – for the fiance(e) of a US Citizen. The K-1 visa has provision for the fiance(e) of a US citizen to travel to the US and marry their US Citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival.
- Employment-based Immigration – For permanent employment or investment by entrepreneurs. There are five preference categories for employment-based Immigration Visas.
- Returning resident Visa – A Lawful permanent resident or conditional resident needs to return to the US within one year to maintain their permanent resident status. If a person wishes to remain outside the US for more than a year they need to apply for a re-entry permit (Form I-131) from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Diversity Visas – Diversity visas is an annual program where provisions are made for a limited number of visas to be available to people who meet strict eligibility requirements from countries with low rates of immigration to the US.
If a person wished to migrate to the US, their sponsor who is a US Citizen or US Lawful Permanent Resident of minimum 21 years of age should submit a petition with the US Citizenship and Immigration Sevices. The NVC or the National Visa Centre will process the petition. The Application Processing fee needs to be paid post this. The sponsor needs to sign the Affidavit of Support which is a document accepting the financial responsibility of the applicant.
After completing the Affidavit of Support, the sponsor is expected to gather evidence of their finances and supporting documents. Post this, the applicant must complete the Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration (Form DS-260) and collect the Civil documents required to support the Visa application. Once the documents are collected, scan, save and submit them. Next step in this process is the visa interview. If you are approved for the Visa, you will receive your immigrant visa placed on a page in your passport.
If you are looking to migrate to the US, get in touch with us at [email protected] and we will help you have a smooth immigration process to the United States of America.